Day 20

I came back home from the 10 day sailing trip a few days ago. I've been doing eye exercises everyday. Whatever I could do without any charts. And never used my glasses. I noticed dots are great to practice focusing on. Much better than letters.
When I got home and checked the Snellen chart my eyesight was the same or possibly worse than as before the trip. So I got a bit discouraged. I still kept doing the exercises. I may have had some doubts whether it's possible to improve the eyesight. But after reading studies on eyesight, not the ones on if it can be trained back, but on what makes it decline, I've realized that it's possible to get back. For example, bad eyesight is very strongly linked to education, reading and watching monitors. So, if it's possible to affect the eyesight by doing certain things, it should be possible to affect it in other ways doing other things. right? I can't believe it's something we can make worse intentionally but not fix.
The last two days when I've been looking at the chart my eyesight has been considerably better. I'm about one line lower on the chart. I believe the bad results a few days ago was a combination of bad lighting because of very cloudy skies and tiredness after the trip where I slept too little the last nights. I'm now rested and the last days have been bright.
It seems my astigmatism is a little better now too. I will keep doing the exercises and get back to you in a few days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beginning of the journey

Day three